Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Profile: Vanessa May Cisneros

 
Vanessa May Cisneros
Ojibwe


University of California, Berkeley
B.A. Peace and Conflict Studies 2011

Native American Recruitment and Retention Center
Native American Student Development
Multicultural Community Center
Multicultural Student Development
UCLA Law Fellow 2011 
 
Boozhoo.

I am excited to have the opportunity to stay connected 
to the Cal Native community, even after graduation. 
I am originally from Saginaw, Michigan and my family is 
Saginaw Ojibwe, Swan Creek and Black River Bands. 
I migrated to California after joining Americorps 
in the Summer of 2005. I was placed in Oakland, and 
After a year of service I traveled down to San Diego 
to attend junior college and work. I recieved my associates 
in Cross-Cultural Studies and transferred to UC Berkeley 
where I spent two amazing and grueling years. 
I graduated with a degree in Peace and Conflicts Studies 
and am currently in the process of applying to law school. 
I owe much of my success and ambition to pursue
"higher" higher education to the support 
I received from my community at Cal. 
 
I am always available to answer any and all questions you have, 
whether they are about Cal or the law school application process, 
or anything else.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Baamaapii.